FAQ - Condominium Insurance
Frequently asked questions:
Please mail your check, payable to:
Wawanesa Insurance Company
San Diego, CA
There is NO grace period. Payments must be U.S. postmarked or received in our office PRIOR to any expiration or cancellation date to avoid a lapse in coverage. No claims will be honored if a loss occurs during a lapse period.
Reinstatement of coverage is subject to Underwriter approval. If reinstated, coverage will be effective 12:01 AM the day after the U.S. postmark date on your payment envelope. Reinstatement of coverage is not possible on any policy that has been canceled or expired for more than 30 days.
We currently offer the following discounts:
1. Senior Citizen Occupancy Discount
2. Home Protection Device Discount
3. Condominium Security Protection Discount
Yes, your personal belongings are covered while you are traveling anywhere in the world.
In order to have coverage immediately, you must meet ALL of the following requirements:
1. Your application is U.S. postmarked at least one day before the requested policy effective date.
2. You must properly complete and sign the application.
3. You enclose your premium downpayment check with your application.
4. There have not been any earth movement or subsidence losses in your area.
5. There is no mandatory evacuation order currently in effect in your area.
6. You do not have any employees working in your home.
7. There are no loss assessment claims pending through your homeowners association.
Otherwise, NO coverage will apply until such time as your application is otherwise approved by Wawanesa.
No - there is no rate increase based upon your claims experience.